Friday, October 06, 2006

emptiness

the empty glass.
it is completely empty. there is not half this or half that.
my parched lips wish only for a taste of something full to quench the impassioned nature.
anything, now.
the sun hurts my eyes. this music strains my ears.
love hurts my eyes and my heart. now.
because of you.

*

The eyes are not here

There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essesnce
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
not with a bang but a whimper.

[excerpts from T.S. Eliot's 'The Hollow Men']

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home